6th flight today and it feels like the flights are getting easier. We’re off to Germany to kick off the Christian Scott 2014
Europe tour….so basically, Kris goes back to work.
![]() |
| Photo by Arjan Aelmans |
For this tour, there are seven in the band and I’m looking
forward to hanging out with everyone.
Flying into Germany, we crossed over the Swiss Alps and even
from above, they are so beautiful. Our “Swiss” flight also had lots of
chocolate. Chocolate snacks, chocolate bread…hot chocolate. MMM.
Oh and did I mention that Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter
are flying with us?
Kris spotted them in the Zurich airport and they’ve been
with us ever since. Christian and the crew are opening for them tonight at the
festival.
Once we landed, we were in full-blown festival mode. A
driver was there to pick us up and we headed through town to the hotel.
Germany
looks just like I imagined... rolling hills, big houses, mountains….basically the "Sound of Music"...in person!
Maritim, our hotel. Stuck in the 80’s but 5 star 80’s.
Glass walls, wall paper, no wifi, but extraordinary breakfast.
Once we unloaded we walked into the main town square where
all the shops are. Had a quick bite to eat and saw this monstrous kebab. Even
King Gyro was put off by this one!
Later that evening, I headed backstage for a catered dinner
and then the band got into it!
The show was great and the audience really enjoyed it.
I
watched a bit of Herbie and Wayne and then we hung out for a while while the band signed cd's. I wandered around a bit and got to see an authentic German Beer garden in action. ;-) After that, we all headed back to the hotel for the night.
DAY 12
Today is an off day and honestly, we’re still exhausted from Rome. We
got up early for breakfast (so much chocolate, so much sausage) and then
decided to walk into town. We walked a few miles and got some good shots.
Got back to the room and CRASHED. Like…for 5 hours. We thought about swimming in the hotel pool butterumah...skinny dipping seems to be the norm here so we'll PASS.
We ate dinner at Vapiano's, watched a movie in the room and called it a night.
ohhhh wait...donut pretzel...mmmmmm.





















No comments:
Post a Comment